Question:
Restaurant for Valentines Day Meal (Evening) - Newcastle?
Emzi
2007-02-09 07:59:43 UTC
I know it's pretty over-rated but hey, any excuse to try out a new restaurant is good with me.
Anyone know of any good restaurants in Newcastle that'd be the type of setting for valentines day? (So no down and out greasy cafes please :P )

In fact if you know of any really nice restaurants, regardless of atmosphere I'd be glad to hear of sugesstions. I'm a big fan of dining out.

Thanks for your help!
Seven answers:
the cat
2007-02-09 12:17:23 UTC
I had a lovely meal in Tavistock - a new restaurant on the quayside in newcastle. It has replaced Bar Casa near the Swing Bridge, opposite Sea nightclub. Absolutely gorgeous and you can book a table with a view of the river

Wagamama's has just opened up at Old Eldon Square - delicious but don't think you can book

Also, try Piccolino's, behind the law courts on the quayside - upmarket italian with an extensive menu

My fave restaurant in town is El Torrero Tapas - just off the Quayside
whirlthewater
2007-02-09 09:22:44 UTC
El Torero on The Side is a great Tapas bar with good food and a busy, laid-back atmosphere. Not traditionally romantic maybe, but trying all the different dishes is great fun.
Nattelie
2007-02-09 21:41:56 UTC
Try the restaurant at the Copthorne Hotel.

My husband and I went there after our wedding, it's lovely, bit pricey but lovely.

There's a few posh ones in Jesmond, Scallini's is supposed to be really nice.
?
2016-11-03 03:44:06 UTC
howdy.. on condition that i stay in London i think of i be attentive to a minimum of one place that individuals love is termed Nandoe's. Nandoe's sells the main suitable nutrition and its the main inexpensive eating place (with good nutrition) you are able to flavor interior the full of London. i assume they are having a Valentine specific. wish my suggestion helps!!
TishTash
2007-02-09 08:09:19 UTC
Hello have you tried www.toptable.co.uk not only does it list good restaurants but they are also on offer sometimes.

This one looks nice and romantic http://www.toptable.co.uk/details.cfm/qs/rid|878/spos|1
gc012000
2007-02-09 10:00:09 UTC
if you know the keyside there was a bar called casa it is now a resterant but cant remember the name. it new and good
"THE WISE ONE"
2007-02-09 08:04:50 UTC
Emzi my little oven ready chicken, your a huge fan of eating out and you aint even heard of a wimpy.....tuh....../